Thursday 9 September 2010

The Shock Ending

So here I am sitting in the Victoria Coach Station, borrowing the iPhone of a girl I just met, but will be spending 8 hours travelling to Parisbyz coach with.

It costs £15 for a ticket to Paris on Eurolines, I managed to find travel insurance on money supermarket, with a pre-existing medical condition for £11.57 and using hostelworld I got a understandably shoddy appartment in the bastille area of France for £10 a night (£40) in total.

I had always planned at the end of my challenge to take my remaining money and see how far across Europe I could get.
Firstly, I had found a hitchhiking website where people posted rides, how many seats where available and hom much if any, they would charge for petrol money. One guy was going to Bulgaria from London for free.
I would then think about couchsurfing to save money on accomodation.

However, as I had to be back in the office Monday afternoon I decided I would need something slightly more structured.

Ironically, there is a diabetes Uk fundraising event this weekend where people are cycling 200 miles from London to Paris and meet at 5pm this Sunday so I will meet them there.

For now Im going to think about how I will save money in one of the most expensive capital cities in Europe.
Living in London on the cheap was doable, Paris is another story, luckily I have a guidebook from the library and 8 hours to kill on a coach.

Alex