Wednesday 8 September 2010

Final Week part 1

Monday:

So here it is the final week of my challenge. As promised from the beginning I will finish with a shock ending, to be announced later this week.

I was now

Tuesday: Party Conferences

Today at work I was being filmed for the upcoming party conferences across the UK. I would be filmed asking a pre-scripted question about how the UK would support medical research in the future. It would be posed to panel made up of MPs, Lords and directors of research in charities such as Diabetes UK and BHF. It was quite fun, although it was lucky I had a spare white shirt in my draw as the lines on a pinstripe shirt can confuse the camera (that's what I was told anyway; I was pleasantly surprised nobody made a joke about my face).

After they had finished filming the question they then filmed me doing things around the office. It was quite a strange but amusing experience, they filmed me at my computer, whilst the cameraman was barking instructions; "shake the mouse around", "click with your fingers". Then he said "so what else do you do in the office". I didn't really know how detailed he wanted my answer so I started from the beginning. "Sometimes I walk around and use the photocopier". Therefore, he filmed me walking up and down from the photocopier to my desk. Some of my colleagues were excited because they felt they might get in the shot as I sat down.

Once the filming was done I got back to work before being questioned when my next publicity stunt was being held. There is a running joke between some of the people that sit next to me at work that I have hired Max Clifford to help my public image. However, if it were up to me I don't think I would ever hire Max Clifford. Partially, because I don't think I swim in the same circles as Jade Goody, Jordan and Kerry Katona.