Sunday 18 July 2010

Challenge Day 1: the start of a new adventure

Day 1 of my challenge started at 6am. I had a breakfast of porridge, blueberries and honey and made my cheese sandwich for lunch. I then headed to the bus stop outside Clapham Common Tube to catch my 7:40 bus to work in Camden. I felt excited about taking the bus to work, not just due to the first day novelty of the challenge, but also in the heat it provided a considerably more enjoyable and scenic view of London than the Tube. Whilst on the bus I listened to lesson one of my Portuguese Language tapes I had found in my house over the weekend. Additionally, I made a note of free fun things that were happening in the upcoming week (shown below). My bus ride went quickly and the only thing that made me regret my challenge was seeing a lady walk down Whitehall with a Starbucks Frappuccino, what use to be a common start to my own working day. My day finished with a meeting at the Mile End hospital. Now I had planned to walk home from Camden most days (a total of about 6.6miles/10k) but from Mile End hospital it was about 8 miles. Despite, the extra addition to my walk home I realised I had no choice if I wanted to save money. My walk home left me slightly exhausted but 2 and a half hours of walking did help to me to build up an appetite. I cooked my spaghetti Bolognese, washed and went to bed, only 61 days to go.

Total spent £23.