Monday 19 July 2010

Challenge Day 4: Day 1 On The Subs Bench

I woke up in time for work and unfortunately for me, my plea of a miraculously cured ankle wasn't heard. I hopped out of bed and headed downstairs. Ironically for me, I was planning to go to the hospital with my mum and my boss anyway to go to a meeting surrounding Paediatric Diabetes Care. My mum left me in A&E to go to the meeting with my boss after my dad showed up. Luckily she could pass on the message of my absence face to face. For purposes of expenditure my trip to the hospital can be charged at a return bus jounrey of £2.40.

I had two X-rays, one for my ankle and one for my wrist, which I had sprained in Israel playing football two weeks earlier. Good news, no breaks, bad news, potential ligament damage. With that I was told to take pain killers, keep it elevated, ice it and rest for five days.

At first I thought this was going to be a problem for my challenge, but then realised if anything, its most likely to be a benefit, considering I wouldn't be doing much for five days.

My mum did her weekly shop and I just added my request to it. I decided to treat myself to a box of gluten free banoffee bites. They usually, cost about £2 but because they had almost reached their sell-by-date they were selling at only £1.

My friend Laith then came around in the evening to visit and told me if I was fit that he thought going to see the proms and fireworks in Shoreditch park sounded like a good idea. I said I would tell him tomorrow if I was still up to it.

Spent 30.40