Saturday 24 July 2010

Challenge Day 12: Free Tapas with Matisse


I woke up this morning and finished off the remaining cheese for my lunchtime sandwich.

At work many people were talking about my challenge. A colleague suggested that I go to the Harry Krishna van, which gave out free food on a Friday lunchtime. I already had my sandwich but thought it was good idea if it wasn't the fact that wearing a suit made it slightly unconvincing that I was in desperate need for free food.

As soon as work was over I went to the Tapas place and met Joao. We talked about the volunteer position and my challenge, he said that he was enjoying my blog. He then gave me an Omelette for free as we continued to talk about how the challenge was going and my plans for the coming weeks.

On the way home I stopped at the Helly Nahmad gallery near Regent Street, as it was the last day Henri Matisse was on show. After a browse round I got the bus home expecting to see my cousin Mercedes and her friend Adriana, who were down for the weekend again. Unfortunately, they were unwell so had decided to come down on Saturday instead.


Today was payday, not that it mattered to me. After an exhausting week I wrote some more of my blog and headed to bed.

Spent £108.02

Thank you very much to Jennifer, Louise and Steve for sponsoring me.

Alex