Sunday 18 July 2010

Preparations

Before I start my challenge I had to create a weekly meal plan. I worked out to eat breakfast (generally of porridge, blueberries and honey), lunch (usually a cheese sandwich with vegetables, or pasta with pesto and vegetables) and dinner (Bolognese, Tuna Risotto, Pizza, Spanish Omelette and Macaroni Cheese), then finally apples and oranges as snacks,I need to spend a total of about 22 pounds a week. I will obviously sway from this meal plan slightly, as well as adding new recipes and meal ideas as I go along. However, for now this estimates that I will have around £400 or about £6.66 a day to spend on travel and entertainment. I plan to get the bus to work each morning and then walk/run or cycle back from Camden. This should cost 60 pounds over 2 months (although if I begin to cycle everyday it may be less) leaving me with about 5.66 a day, or about £40 a week on everything else.