Sunday 18 July 2010

Challenge Day 2: Walking some more


I woke up slightly later than planned but it was needed after the slight shock of walking 8 miles. After eating my porridge I made another cheese sandwich before walking to the bus stop to catch my bus to work. I completed lesson two of Portuguese, but had lost concentration after the 30 minute lesson and so decided to write some of my diary instead of doing the reading section of the tape. During Lunch I made my profile picture for my challenge and researched some upcoming events to do in London on Timeouts free section: http://www.timeout.com/london/aroundtown/features/2892/Free_things_to_do_in_London.html

I finished work at four and was glad to be joined by my colleague Anna on my walk home until Charing Cross. We reached Charing Cross at about ten to five, meeting my boss halfway, who told me that I should have claimed my journey home on expenses from mile end, maybe next time. I then put on my trainers and walked home past St James park, Big Ben, Westminster Bridge, along the river to Vauxhall and then home to Clapham. Once again exhausted, I reheated the remainder of my Spaghetti Bolognese before completing my diary and falling asleep.

Spent £24